Ode to PwC  

Posted by Sumantra

My journey at PwC began sometime in Dec 2002. From then I spent close to 5.5 yrs with the firm gradually moving up from a trainee to an AM level. It was fun, it was hectic, it was killing & most importantly it was great learning.

The learning was not only with respect to the work I did. It was also largely to do with the kind of people I interacted with. My seniors, peers & juniours. So the thought which has been going around is that I pen down something about these wonderful guys before I move onto the next level & the next destination on my journey - ISB.

AG - Manager with whom I spent a considerable time working. Great guy, amazing sense of humour and gave an immense amount of independence with regards to running the team & the assignment. The best part however was that he transcended the boundary of a senior-juniour relationship & became a very good friend. Wrote my recommendation & gave me lot of leeway in terms of practically not working once my results were close. An amazing guy...

DT - The person I probably admired the most in office or for that matter elsewhere also. Always positive no matter what the obstacles. Tackled massive personal problems in life headlong & alone.....winning most of them. Was my single biggest inspiration in office for the whole GMAT & ISB thing. Here's to you dude.....keep smiling

VC - Unpredicatble, impulsive & argumentative, he was one of the first friends I made in PwC. Always full of grand plans....ye karoonga woh karoonga.....& then after some time....plan dropped, yaar, kuch din bad phir sochenge....What is not unpredictable is that he's been a good friend since the 1st day we met. Hoping to see you in ISB next year yaar...

SK & JKG - Dada's & good buddies. Had lot of fun chatting, drinking & generally passing time with them.

AG - At one time my best friend in office. Rapidly went to the person I hated the most....rather have the reasons not disclosed here...though DT & VC know about it (they suffered equally from the situation). Spoke to him after almost 1 yr when I cracked ISB. Maybe we'll patch up relatively someday....time heals lot of things....

NS - Another great person I've worked under. Always supportive, always encouraging. Tell him a problem & he'll take it to whatever forums required to resolve it. Admire you buddy....

The order in which these names appear are not really significant i.e. I am NOT trying to rank them in the order of their importance. It's only that there are hundreds of images which are going around my mind & they are in no particular order.

Also I have not spelt out the names. The initials should suffice....in any case you guys know who you are....

In all fairness, these are not the only guys. There have been many many others who have contributed to what I am today. Thanks to all of you....I will forever be in your debt.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments