Rock-E-eeeeeeee  

Posted by Sumantra

It's been a long time since I have been part of a Section anywhere. I have studied in sections B, D, D2 (!!!) & C for various durations during my school. I'm not really counting college here since I hardly ever attended it. I obviously knew that in ISB one is divided into sections for the core terms. But there was always a doubt in my mind about how this is going to work out. I mean, you take 75 strangers, all from different cities, qualifications & work experience & put them in a room & say that you guys are going to study together for the next 6 months. It's kind of weird.

The registration day is when one comes to know about his section. I got Section E. I was slightly sad....only due to the fact that I would have preferred C or D as these were the sections in school where I had the most fun. But, section selection is absolutely the pregorative of ISB & if I had gone to them with a request on the above mentioned grounds they probably would have asked me to go back to South Point again. We are, however, all given Section T-Shirts. The Sec E T-shirtis cool. It's in black with the E written in a zany style in purple. As the alums told us, we are generally required to wear it for any inter-section activity like sports & stuff.

Also, apparently all the Sections have their own chants. Some of them are pure shit....like D's Go-D-Go & Sec F's 4-3-2-1 Sec F is no. 1. On the other hand ours i.e. Rock-E-eeeee & Sec C (Sec-C rhyming with sexy) is pretty cool. The alums took us through the paces & soon you could feel the Audi just pulsing with 450 people screaming their own section chants. Right at that moment, I realised....ISB has got this bang-on. Apart from the logistical simplicity of dividing people up, it gives an amazing oppurtunity to get to know people better & to foster a feeling of competition & rivalry.

Sec E formally met for some classroom sessions on Thursday. As the entire section introduced themselves, one thing was very apparent. There is a fantastic diversity among the people here. We had people with just about 2 yrs of work-ex to people with over 10 yrs, people from IT, Media, Consulting, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Event Management, Doctors etc etc. It would be fun learning with them & also learning from them.

We also had the Sports in the last week. Football we lost out on goal difference & could not qualify for the semis & in cricket we lost in the final. Both, incidentally, were won by Sec C. We won the quiz though. And tonight is the talent nite. I, obviously, will be just a part of the audience. Once that's over the inter-section points for the orientation week would be announced. As of now, C probably has the edge. But we won't be much far behind either. Tonight would be the key night. Let's see how things work out.

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments