And so it begins....  

Posted by Sumantra

Folks, the day is today. The day we had all been waiting for. With bated breath, wide eyed, slightly scared, very excited & lot of apprehensions. What if we turn out be idiots? What if we fall asleep in class? What if we are called upon to speak & realize that we left our voices behind at the SV?

After 2 classes & the end of Day 1, my take is - it's not too bad. I didn't sleep (my biggest fear) nor did I make an ass of myself. However, something did get my goat. My name tag was not there in either of the class. Being the odd one out of 75 did not make me happy. No, it did not. It's just a simple printing job, why couldn't the bugger, whoever he or she was, do it correctly....I asked myself. On the brighter side, I can remain incognito. But I am not sure how good that is once CP season starts. However, I see a silver lining in the class arrangements. I am in the last bench. Now, whoever knew me in school knows my affinity for the back benches & all who inhabited those off-limit territories.

Lunch time saw this huge line in front of Goel. People comparing notes, professors & what not. Sections with classes in the noon were all the more curious....dude, how did things go? They went fine, I guess. But it would be only a matter of few days before all the class quizzes, assignments & stuff pour in.

One small anecdote from Prof Bubna's class. We were discussing what Economics got to do with having All Ladies Nights at pubs.
Prof : So why do we have these nights?
Student : Girls are allowed free entry & the men want to meet the girls so they are willing to pay more...
Prof : So why don't they do it more often? Do men want women only 1 day in the week?
All hell broke lose......table thumping & laughs from all corners of the class...
Prof : Hang on guys....that did not come out the way it was supposed to....

School should be good fun....

This entry was posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Man... Sumantra.. I landed up in ur profile through the ORKUT ISB Aspirants community.... After reading "And so it begins..." couldn't help reading most of ur blogs...
Cheers man.... Loved ur blogs... Keep updating....

Thanks dude...grt that u appreciate it..

exact jokes and exact examples by amit bubna...beware of his mid term paper...studying wont help much !

kaustubh...is that so?? damn....i thought that was spontaneous!!! we have already heard abt the mid term paper :)