Too much coffee  

Posted by Sumantra

One of the pitfalls of having no work is having too much coffee. The amount of coffee you have is indirectly proportional to the amount of work you have (Note: if you are working after 9-10 at night, then again the two become directly proportional).

As mentioned in an earlier post, I hardly have any work these days. So, anybody I know who is going for a coffee break asks me to tag along. And I, having nothing better to do, oblige. The result is that I am having atleast 8-10 cups a day. At times, I have to pretend to be deep in work to refuse somebody. But they are quick to look through the charade...."Yaar, we know you are not doing anything....come on, na..." And there I go to the vending machine for the n-th time.

The sad thing is that I seem to be losing the taste of good coffee...the type my Mom or my Wife makes. So used have I become to the "Capuccino" I get at work....I am being forced to drink tea at home.

I hope to get back the taste again. Because, coffee is what is going to sustain me through the endless nights that's staring into my face. Just over a month to go before I land up at ISB. God, just thinking about it makes me want another cup of Capuccino again.....

This entry was posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments