Tennis  

Posted by Sumantra

I've been thinking of starting to playing tennis again for a long time now. Sadly, Delhi/Gurgaon did not give me any oppurtunity to pick up the game. I had promised to myself that should i get into ISB, I will definitely play again.
And voila, ISB happened. So yesterday I walked into the shop and started looking at the racquets. The sales guy was all over me....Sir, this is good, that is good....He was particularly enthusiastic about the Wilson K-Factor range....Sir, Roger Federer plays with them.....
So I asked....Do I look remotely like the great man??? So why do I need his racquets??? It's good for the ego, I admit, and also probably pretty impressive to show off....but at 10k way way out of my budget. I said show me something at less than 5k....his enthusiasm came down quite a few notches. But to his credit, he stuck on.....look a this, look at that....
I had to tell him quite firmly.....Dude 5k is my budget and I am interested only if you are interested. I guess he got the drift. Picked up the racquet....I always wanted to own a Wilson one :)
I just hope that I find somebody at school to play with....at this stage even 5k is a big investment for me.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments