Admitted  

Posted by Sumantra

This blog has been delayed by 4 days but I will try to recapture the "moment"
Finally got the mail I have been waiting for since last Friday. All I was doing since morning was hit F5 on the admit page & on my mail. Between endless cups of coffee & cribbing to my manager - "I am not being able to work" I was at my seat and going "refresh, refresh, refresh"
Around 12.15 news started filtering on the pagalguy.com site that results were coming through. Only I (& fellow admits) know how those 5-10 minutes passed.
Finally after the n-th time of hitting F5 the status on the page changed.
I was through.
Being in office I could not shout, scream or generally jump around.
A deep breath later I took a screen shot and mailed my wife. Called her up & said I'm through. Immediately called up my Group in Charge & said it's done (she was already in the loop) and said that I am sending the resignation mail!!!
The whole day passed in a daze after that. Spoke to everybody I know in office. SMS-ed people who were at clients., sent mails......in the excitement forgot to have lunch :(
At 4 my manager said that enough...go home.....you are distracting other people :) And so I left, with new dreams & optimism. Also excited to have resigned and slightly sad....this was first resignation and my first job. 5.5 yrs at PwC....lot of nostalgia
But in the end, the biggest sensation was of relief. Relief from vindication of the decision to go back to studies and the efforts that I had put in.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments