Going and Coming or Going and Going  

Posted by Sumantra

This was a question posed to me by the Managing Director of PwC yesterday. I had walked into his room to inform him that I would be leaving.

If you feel surprised that I could just walk into his room don't be. Our Partners/Directors are extremely accessible & you can literally knock & walk into their room. Though I have never worked with Mr Kapoor on any assignment he had taken my interview when I had joined in Dec 02. So I thought that I'll just let him know.

After congratulating me.....this was his question....are you going and coming or are you going and going.....basically the question meant that whether I'll be rejoining after my studies or whether I'll be leaving for good. But the way the question was put, I actually started laughing. He then asked me that why have I not been given the option of taking a long study leave & come back & what would I do if that option is given to me. Blabbered something in reply.

Summing it up, he said that everybody who has gone to ISB from PwC has done exceedingly well, both during time at ISB & after that. He said that I should keep in touch & he would like to know how my year is progressing.

I don't know how my life will pan out during or post ISB. But the wishes I am carrying there from my workplace....partners, managers, peers, juniors.....will always probably give me the extra impetus in whatever I try to do.

To have a partner actually walk up, shake your hand & give you a pat in the back is not something I anticipated. I'll probably never forget this day. The Senior Partner of the office actually opened the door of his cabin & ushered me out. And oh....he's promised to take me out for lunch next week. I'll definitely write about that once that happens.

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments