My first and last  

Posted by Sumantra

One of the traditions at PwC is that all articles who complete their CA throw a party for the entire office. It is part celebration & part initiation to the CA profession. One progresses from a student to a professional. There are very few more satisfying feelings.

The last 3 pass out batches threw their combined bash on 15th Feb. It was a special evening for me. I have never been to a pass-out party before. Till the time I qualified, I had decided not to attend a single party. All parties after that, including my own party, I had to miss due to various reasons....most usually due to the fact that I was travelling for work. In a way, this was the first party I attended and also will be my last. After close to 5.5 yrs, this was going to be last time that I was going to share a drink with these wonderful guys as colleagues. It felt nostalgic and there was a feeling of sadness as the evening wore down.

The party was true to PwC form a success. There was ample booze. There is something about consultants and free booze. So accustomed are we to the fact that someone pays for our drinks that we don't think before downing more than one's usual quota.

Quite a few of the partners turned up also. It feels good to see the top guys turning up for a celebration which is essentially thrown by the juniormost guys in the firm.

In the end I believe it's all about personal relationships. As I left, there were quite a few juniors who walked up to me & said "We're going to miss you". That I believe is the greatest positive I am going to carry from PwC. Best wishes & love. Nothing can beat that. Nothing.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

i cant beleive that we are working for the same firm... everything u have writted seems alien to me... and i am sure most of my colleagues will agree with me :)

hahahaha....no trust me...it's perfectly true..