How it all started....  

Posted by Sumantra

It was a day in July '07. I was sitting rather bored and irritated in office because the Client was delaying in providing information and I had no work. As the saying goes - "the idle mind is the devil's workshop". I suddenly realised that I need a change. Actually the need to change my job and do something else is a thought which springs to my mind rather frequently. However, this was probably the first time I had any clarity over what I wanted to do. I knew I needed a career shift. But my work experience and background was a hurdle to shift to any other careers. The only possible way out was if I take a break and go back to school.

This however brought to the foreground my biggest fear, my biggest phobia - "STUDIES". I thought that it was all over & done with back in 2003 when I passed my CA exams. The day my results came out, I had made a solemn promise to myself that I do not want anything to do with books or classrooms ever again in my life. It's funny how life comes back in a full circle. The thing I wanted most required me to do the thing I hate most.Still....I decided to take the plunge. My decision to do so ranged from wholehearted support...from my Dad (Good decision) to scepticism...from Mousumi (do not drop the plan after 2 weeks) to total incredulity....Why? Why? Why? (Mainly from friends).Too a large extent I was afraid of myself....I tend to give up too easily. What the heck? I already have a good job. But to my credit and I believe, to the surprise of a LOT of people I stuck on.I gave the GMAT, got a pretty good score, considering the fact that I could only study late at night after coming back from office and after Arya went of to sleep. Once this was done, there was really no turning back.


Sitting here in Mar 2009 as I think to myself, state of economy and job market notwithstanding, all that effort was worth every bit of effort.

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Congratulations to you Sumantra. Keep going, more power to you!! Life is all about going and moving forward, Never turn back for anything else. Etizolam RX Online

Hello,
You are a Great while writing in the blogs it is awesome I liked. it too much good and informative thanks for the sharing. Keep going, more power to you!

Buy etilaam