Change and associated pitfalls  

Posted by Sumantra

If you have been here before it cannot have escaped you that I have majorly revamped the look & feel of the blog. Me thinks this is quite jazzy with the background, the fonts and ofcourse the majorly cool tattoo thing on top.

The thing is far from finished, by the way. In my utter ignorance of all things technical, I had thought that all I needed to do was to copy the html code from a site and paste it here and voila, all of it shall get done. I was wrong. Very wrong. All my tabs, widgets/gadgets had disappeared. There were numerous tabs on top which led to nowhere. I could not go back to the dashboard as that option had disappeared as well. Facing these deadly odds, I did what any man would do. I called for help. SD & SM were duly pinged. The problem is probably with the stylesheet, they said. What? What is a stylesheet? The only sheets I knew were the A4 type and the thingies they put on beds.

I told SD I frankly have no clue whatsoever & I certainly don't want to come across as a dumb ass moron who put tabs on his blogs which lead nowhere. Gracious as ever SD offered his help. The offending tabs were hidden & a crash course ensured that whatever is on show right now works. But I also needed those tabs to work. Damn cool they were and I wanted to put some neat stuff there. I guess that will have to wait till the weekend.

In a week or so, I hope to bring this page to its new revamped sexy look. All I hope now is that people continue to read it.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

hehe....thanks...still lot of work left though