A significant milestone  

Posted by Sumantra

So I celebrated another birthday couple of days back. Only this was probably not just another birthday.....the first digit of my age changed. Pretty significant, you would agree. I am now solidly into middle ages, which is not really a nice thought.

30 years is a substantially long time to have spent on the planet. For people who have spent their lifetime accumulating accolades and surpassing milestones one after the other would probably look back at me with disdain. But am I bothered? Frankly speaking....NO.

How does one measure success? Is it whether I am happy or not. Whether I have any regrets or not? Do I keep looking back and think of things that may have been?

Maybe I have not been a great achiever....and maybe I'll never be. I really don't give a damn. I am happy. And what are the things that have contributed to this?

I have been blessed with a wonderful family where I have been encouraged to think, debate and present my opinion from a very young age. We were expected to be well read, have an independent opinion on things around us. We never had decisions imposed upon us and all that was expected was that decisions were taken by us after thinking of all alternatives.

I have been blessed to have the most amazing woman who for some reason known only to her agreed to walk the journey of life with me. We have also been blessed with the sweetest baby, someone who has changed our entire perspective to this life.

Today I know that whatever I do or not do, wherever I go or not go my family would be beside by me. They are my rock, they are my pillars. They are the reason I look forward to each day with optimism. They are the reason why I am happy with life and the fact that I am happy makes my life a success. This is what I wanted out of my life and I have got it.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

You'd make anyone go green with envy!! God Bless and Good luck