End of the first month  

Posted by Sumantra

So the first month is over. And what a month it has been. But I am getting these conflicting feelings. At times it feels like I walked in yesterday....at times it feels as if I have been here for ages.


There are a lot of things happening around us. The foremost has to be the mid terms. Now, I am sort of mentally okay with the exams thing. But there are 2 things I am definitely not being able to reconcile with:
1. No study leave before exams
2. No chilling out period after they get over

I mean, how can ISB do this to us? We have classes till thursday (for which we are expected to do our pre-reads), our exams are on Friday & Saturday & then on Monday we have a Stats quiz & a marketing assignment due on Tuesday. "Bachhe ka jaan loge kya?"

We have new profs from tomorrow. We had our last classes with RS, AB, DB & MV over the last 2 days. I have spoken at length about their quality & the finesse with which they have conducted the class. It speaks volumes for their ability that each of them got a standing ovation from the entire class. I do hope the profs to come are of the same standard. It's a pleasure & privilege to learn from the masters of the trade. I loved the small poem MV left us with. I don't remember the exact words but the basic meaning was - we'll meet again and we'll be happy to see each other & if we aren't happy then this parting probably makes more sense. Even RS gave a superb closing speech...in one year you all will forget me, forget the stats class, but you will have a great set of friends....learn together, enjoy together, grow together...AB also had a fantastic closing. Undoubtedly the last 1 hr was the best he taught during the entire course. DB deserves a very speciall mention here. He had, to my opinion, the driest subject...marketing. The enthusiasm he brought to the class, the involvement he managed to extract from us (CP or no CP) was simply awesome. Hats off to all of them. They are simply the best people I have ever learned from.


Section E wanted to have a dress code for the day. We actually woke up sometime late last night to get something going. Around 2 at night we had reached a consensus. The theme was Blazers + Shorts (preferably with a tie). As always, this decision was not unanimous. In the end, around 8 of us turned up like that...but, there were almost 40 other guys who wore blazers. So all in all, a good showing.

I leave you with a couple of pictures taken in the last couple of days. My next post will in all probabilities be after the mid terms. Till then.....ATB






This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments